TERMS OF SERVICE
Last modified: August 6, 2018
Please read these Terms carefully. You can review this agreement any time at https://connectedcamps.com/terms-of-service/. Your access to and use of the Services are conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not wish to agree to these Terms, please do not use Connected Camps.
You are responsible for you and your child’s use of the Services for any Content you provide. Parents should closely monitor their children’s use of Connected Camps and information they post to public forums. All references in these Terms of Service to “you” are intended to include both you and your child, unless the specific application suggests otherwise.
The Terms may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page, so check back often. Continued access of the Services by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Terms.
Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points in the Services, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Services without notice.
The following outlines expectations for behavior in our programs.
While in our shared space, you will not “grief.” This includes:
- Destruction of another camper’s buildings, creations, or space
- Stealing items from other campers or plagiarizing work
- Using a modified client that provides an unfair advantage
During our programs, which include voice communication, you will join our server to hear and be heard by others. While in this communication channel, you will:
- Refrain from speaking when others are speaking
- Use headphones and push-to-talk to limit noise pollution for others
- ‘Raise your hand’ by typing a “+” into text chat to indicate you have a question
- Use respectful and appropriate language and tone when speaking with others
- Listen when others are speaking to you
- Use text chat to communicate with others while someone is speaking
- Avoid behavior found to be disruptive to communication by others
Minecraft and Text Communication
During our programs which include text communication, you will be able to type both public and private messages to others. To ensure our agreements are kept, you will:
- Acknowledge and respond to messages sent in chat
- Avoid spamming in chat by sending repeated messages that don’t contribute to valuable communication
- Use respectful and appropriate language (this includes on signs and books and all other text)
- Avoid sharing links to outside online locations
Process for Resolving Issues
When a member of our community fails to follow the community guidelines, the following process will be followed to correct and ensure our community agreements continue to be followed.
When a camper’s behavior is found to be in violation of our guidelines:
- 1. A camper acts in way that is disruptive or harmful to themselves or others or generally against the spirit of our community guidelines.
- 2. A counselor or volunteer points out the issue and gives a brief verbal warning or reminder.
- 3. The camper has an opportunity to correct their behavior following the warning. If they do not, the camper is taken aside one-on-one by a counselor to address the issue more directly. The counselor will state the issue and help the camper understand the reasoning, work to understand why the camper is having this issue, and establish a clear expectation for what behavior needs to change.
- 4. The camper has an opportunity to correct their behavior following the one-on-one. If they do not, the camper is taken aside for a second conversation where the counselor will explain that the camper is being removed from the program until a conversation can be had with their parent regarding their behavior. (Depending on the severity of the situation, a counselor may opt to instead have another one-on-one chat before moving to this step at their discretion). Following this, the counselor will document the incident and inform the Program Manager of the issue with their account of what happened.
- 5. The Program Manager will get in touch with the camper’s parent to inform them of the incident and explain the camper has been removed. The parent will be asked to have a conversation with their child regarding the issue, review the community guidelines, and send a note of reflection on the camper’s behavior to the Program Manager. Once these steps have been completed and the suspension period has ended, the camper will be allowed to return to Connected Camps programs.
- 6. Following their return, this process begins again just as it would for any other camper (previous incidents will not impact steps 1-5). A week following the incident, Connected Camps will update the parent on how the camper’s behavior that week.
- If a second incident occurs after the first removal or the camper’s behavior has not adequately improved following their return, the camper will be asked to take a longer break from the program before being able to return. The Program Manager, in consultation with relevant counselors, will determine the length of the break.
When we email you we will include:
- The date the specific incident with your child took place
- Documented details of the incident
- Instructions for steps to take to return to our programs
Returning to Connected Camps
Campers will be welcomed back to camp at the end of their suspension, once the following steps are taken by you:
- 1. The parent has discussed the incident with their child
- 2. The parent has reviewed the Community Guidelines with their child
- 3. The parent has emailed the Program Director and indicated that steps #1 and #2 are complete. The email must also include a note from the camper describing what they did that violated the community agreements, and a statement indicating they understand they must follow the Community Guidelines to stay in our programs.
Protect Your Password
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Connected Camps is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
All Content on Connected Camps, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services, and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. Any of the material included in the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, Content that has been mislabeled or is otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will Connected Camps be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
All Content submitted, posted or displayed by users through the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By submitting, posting or displaying Content through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for Connected Camps to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Connected Camps for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
Such additional uses by Connected Camps, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Connected Camps, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for you and your child’s use of the Services for any Content you provide, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users. Parents should closely monitor their children’s use of Connected Camps and information they post to public forums. You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the Content you provide and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- All of the Content you provide will comply with these Terms of Service.
You understand that your Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. Connected Camps will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by Connected Camps in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
Your license to use Connected Camps
Connected Camps gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software that is provided to you by Connected Camps as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Connected Camps, in the manner permitted by these Terms. If you violate these Terms, this license may be terminated.
Connected Camps’ intellectual property rights
All right, title, and interest in and to the Services (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of Connected Camps and its licensors. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the Connected Camps name or any of the Connected Camps trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. These Terms of Service permit you to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material contained in the Services. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding Connected Camps, or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
Connected Camps respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work is accessible on Connected Camps in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that Connected Camps contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, please see our Copyright Complaints and Counter-Notices Policy connectedcamps.com/copyrightpolicy/.
Restrictions on content and use of Connected Camps
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Please review the User Content and Conduct (described later in these Terms) and the Code of Conduct https://connectedcamps.com/code-of-conduct/ to better understand what conduct is prohibited on Connected Camps. We reserve the right at all times (but do not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services, to suspend or terminate users, and to reclaim usernames without liability to you. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information we believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Connected Camps, its users and the public.
We strive to provide an enjoyable online experience for our users, so community managers may monitor activity on Connected Camps to foster compliance with these Terms. All users of the Services hereby specifically agree to such monitoring. Nevertheless, we do not make any warranties or guarantees that: (1) the Services, or any portion thereof, will be monitored for accuracy or unacceptable use, (2) apparent statements of fact will be authenticated, or (3) we will take any specific action (or any action at all) in the event of a dispute regarding compliance or non-compliance with these Terms.
Comments by Others Are Not Endorsed by Connected Camps
Connected Camps does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Services. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements and do not necessarily represent the views of Connected Camps or its third-party service providers. You agree that Connected Camps and its third-party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, or material that violates these Terms.
Editing and Deletions
Connected Camps reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material provided for display or placed on the Services or its bulletin boards, in its sole discretion, without notice, including the removal of any infringing marks submitted, posted or displayed by users.
Connected Camps reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Services. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant parts of the Services. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.
You understand that Connected Camps reserves the right to cancel any event or any camp session. If an event or camp session is cancelled, Connected Camps will grant you the option to either (a) apply your enrollment fees as a credit to enroll your child in another event or camp session or (b) receive a refund of your enrollment fee. You may do so by contacting Connected Camps using the information set forth in “Contact Us” below. You understand that if Connected Camps is forced to cancel any hosted event or camp session due to acts of nature or an unauthorized attempt to corrupt our site, Connected Camps may not be able to grant you a refund of your enrollment fees.
If you have further questions on our Refund Policy, please feel free to contact us using the information set forth in “Contact Us” below.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of Connected Camps and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “Connected Camps Entities”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or the limitation of liability in contracts, and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited.
Connected Camps is available “AS-IS”
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, THE Connected Camps ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Connected Camps Entities make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Connected Camps Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Connected Camps Entities are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by the Connected Camps Entities of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Limitation of liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CONNECTED CAMPS ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (II) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (III) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; INCLUDING ANY LINKED WEBSITES, OR (IV) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE CONNECTED CAMPS ENTITIES EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00) OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID CONNECTED CAMPS, IF ANY, IN THE PAST SIX MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SUBSECTION SHALL APPLY TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE CONNECTED CAMPS ENTITIES HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You agree to indemnify Connected Camps and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each of them harmless, from any and all claims and liabilities (including attorneys fees) which may arise from your submissions, from your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Services, or from your breach of these Terms, or from any such acts through your use of the Services.
User Content and Conduct
These content standards apply to any and all User Content and use of interactive services incorporated into Connected Camps. User Content must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content must not:
- Include any personal information of the user, including but not limited to the user’s:
- first and last name;
- home or other physical address that includes street name and city or town name;
- online contact information such as email address or screen name or user name that functions as online contact information;
- telephone number;
- social security number;
- persistent identified that can be used to identify such user over time across different websites or other online services including, for example, a customer number stored in a cookie or an IP address;
- photograph, video or audio files containing such user’s image or voice; and
- geolocation information.
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this User Content and Conduct Policy and the Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Services, and to prohibit your child from using the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with this Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Connected Camps, a Connected Camps employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Connected Camps or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Waiver and severability
The failure of Connected Camps to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Termination or limitation of access to Connected Camps
Connected Camps has the right to terminate and/or suspend your ability to access the Services or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, without notice.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire site, to users, including registered users.
Connected Camps makes no representation that materials on the Services are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access Connected Camps do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on, relating to, or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in California. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be at https://connectedcamps.com/terms-of-service/. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via an email to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our Copyright Complaints and Counter-Notice Policy connectedcamps.com/copyrightpolicy/ in the manner and by the means set forth therein.
Connected Camps welcomes questions, concerns, and feedback about these terms. If you have suggestions for us, feel free to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.