What is Kid Club?
The Connected Camps Kid Club is a safe, moderated Minecraft server specifically designed for kids aged 9 to 13.
The Kid Club is an online clubhouse where kids can play, hang out, build, and create things together. Kids make their own choices about activities and projects, but our experienced Connected Camps are always there to help if disputes come up between players.
With Kid Club, your child can:
- Play and build in a safe environment with other kids from around the world.
- Enjoy special events and open play opportunities.
- Get guidance and support from our trained counselors.
- Learn online and web skills.
- Become a good digital citizen.
- Learn problem solving, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills.
Kid Club is open on Fridays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm Pacific.
3 Reasons Your Child Should Join a Kid-Friendly Minecraft Server:
When you use a kid-friendly, moderated Minecraft server, you can eliminate your child coming into contact with:
1. Random strangers, bullies, or online predators who try to convince kids to hand over personal information. The only players your child will come into contact with in our Kid Club are other kids or counselors.
2. Unscrupulous people who tempt kids into spending money on special packages of weapons, tools, armor, or other accessories. This practice is not allowed on our server.
3. People who “grief” other players (steal from them or wreck their creations). This practice is against the rules in Kid Club.
Here’s How Kid Club Works:
You get free access to Kid Club when you join one of our paid programs (like our Afterschool Program, or any of our Summer Camp sessions). But the good news is that you keep your access to our server, even after your program is over!
It only takes a few minutes to get started. Once we have your child's Minecraft username, we'll get them whitelisted in a day or two and we'll send instructions for how to get on the Kid Club server.
Our servers are whitelisted. All of our Kid Club members must to register with us, so we know exactly who is on our servers at all times. This makes our servers safe and kid-friendly.
We uphold a Code of Conduct. Everyone who joins our server agrees to abide by our Code of Conduct: Don’t grief. Be nice and respectful. Keep information private. Help keep our community friendly. The code also explains what happens if a member violates it – we take violations seriously and work closely with parents and our counselors to resolve any issue quickly.
Our approach is supported by research. The learning approach and design of Connected Camps is backed by lots of research and testing in practice, and is part of the Connected Learning Alliance, which is dedicated to mobilizing new technology in the service of equity, access and opportunity for all young people.
We handpick our moderators. Only trained Connected Camps counselors moderate Kid Club. These counselors are not only experts in Minecraft, but also are fantastic at working with kids. We run a background check as part of the hiring process, and all of our counselors are trained to keep club play fun and friendly. Our Lead Counselors are university students from game design and computer science programs, and our high school counselors-in-training come from schools all over the country. Click here to find out more about our team.